Friday, July 15, 2011

June Magazine Challenge: Teresa Collins Sponsor Contest

This was a fun challenge.  This was my excuse (wink, wink) to buy some Teresa Collins products and play!!  The challenge is to create a project with a celebration theme using 3 Teresa Collins products and 4 Cricut cuts.  I chose to make an anniversary card for my parents.  They have been happily married since 1967 :-)

Recipe:
Card base is 4 1/4" square

Teresa Collins -Timeless Collection - pink patterned paper
Teresa Collins - Timeless Collection - clock transparency
Teresa Collins - Timeless Collection - Die Cut sentiment tag

French Manor Cricut cart- background shape @ 4"
                                       -frame @ 3"
                                       -flourishes @ 3/4"
                                       -robin @ 1"

Oriental Trading Company- pink glittered brad, silver gelly roll pen for frame outlinig, pop dots to give the bird dimension. 

This was the first time I had used a transparency on a project.  I anchored it with the brad and it created a window effect for the frame.  I discovered I could tuck the flourishes behind the corners of the die-cut tag...cool!   I've used French Manor on a few cards lately and I'm really starting to love it.  The background shape was a new find.  I love it when my eye spots a new, interesting shape on a cart :-)

Thanks for looking!  Good luck to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment